We are coming up on the one year anniversary for the GetListed.org University tour. It all started in Spokane and on Feb. 25th, 2011 it is headed back for another round of social, mobile, local, and paid search.
Last year, there were two blocks of sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. This year, the conference is all day and the staff is going to be able to cover a lot more of the “nitty gritty”. That brings us to why I am writing this post. I thought it would be a good idea to talk about the new addition to Getlisted.org Univserity…..Site Clinic’s.
While the sessions will focus on teaching you a lot of the basics and the “what” every business should be doing, We will also have a set up in a more intimate environment (no candles) taking your sites, questions, and concerns, and giving you some exact recommendations for everything from website design, to tricks and secrets on how to get better rankings. I am calling this the “War room”. Here are a few of the areas that we hope you bring some questions about.
1. Social + SEO + Local Search Tools – If you are handling your own campaigns it can be extremely time consuming to following/tracking everything that you have going on. I have tested tool after tool, developed a few of my own, and have a great idea of what features are needed compared to what things get in the way. If you are wanting some advice on what would be best for you then swing on in and I will point you in the right direction and best yet, most of the tools I use are completly free.
2. Local Search Ranking Factors – While the sessions will cover a lot of the basics of how local search works and some of the overall best practices…I have found that every business has a unique situation that needs addressed. If you bring your questions for your sites, I will dive in see if I can find areas for you to personally improve on and a lot of advice on specific things you need to do to improve your campaign.
3. Analytics/Conversions – If you are wondering why things are happening (or more importantly why they are not) on your site, let’s take a look into your analytics data (or help you get some installed on your site). You cannot improve if you don’t have a record of how you are doing, and this will be a good opportunity for you to learn what to look at in your data, and some things to fix.
4. Paid Search Campaigns- Though I am a local search nut, I also moonlight as a Google Adwords Certified Partner and would love to take questions on your paid campaigns, quality score, landing pages, and conversion tracking. A lot of companies don’t think that paid search is worth the money, usually it is simply due to a few campaigns that might be set up wrong and all of your budget is going to keywords that aren’t converting.
5. Website Design/Layout/Code – I rarely come across a site that has no errors of some sort that are holding back the ranking potential for a site. Bring your questions, concerns, and ideas and I can give you feedback on areas to improve on and also let you know if I see issues that need immediate attention.
6. Links – I usually get a lot of questions on link building. I will answer anything. Best practices, worst practices, and also we can take a look and see your link history, achor text, and look for areas of improvement for on and offsite link building.
I think you get the idea by now that I (along with the assistance of others on the GetListed.org staff) are opening up on a personal level to give you consulting advice. Everyone on staff’s consulting price ranges from around 150-350 an hour, if you sign up for Getlisted.org University in Spokane you are going to have unlimited access to us for free.