Local Search Directories for Attorneys
We put together a Spreadsheet of local directories where lawyers can list their practice for the Avvo conference today. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Be 100% consistant across all directories with your Business Name, Address, and Local Phone Number. Google creates a cluster of information about your business that they find in these directories. If the data is inconsistant, Google has less trust in your business. Here is the example I used in the presentation.
Richard Harris Law Firm
801 S 4th St
Las Vegas, NV 89101
2. Fill out the whole profile. These sites are used by people finding businesses. If your listing looks sloppy then you look sloppy. Take the time to make each profile complete with pictures, descriptions, payment options and any additional information that you can add.
3. Don’t use a personal email to create the directory listings. Use an email/password that can be used by people on your team or consultants if necessary.
4. Check to see if you are currently listed before adding a new listing. Sometimes you can create more than one listing for your business on a given site. All that does is confuse people (including yourself) for future updates.
5. Don’t Spam. Make the listing real. Don’t stuff your business name with keywords like “chicago injury lawyer” or other things I see a lot in directories. Fill it out for Users first, Search Engines second.
Here’s the list. Enjoy.
After you have filled out all your listings correctly then come back here and enjoy a round of applause from us at Nifty.
(hat tip to Nyago at NGS Marketing for sending more legal directories)